Well - it was quite the weekend. First, on Friday we had to take J to urgent care as he had strep - again. Saturday started out pretty well. I went in and got a little work done before everyone got up and than AB and I went and did a little shopping (she loves to shop), and than everyone got wet on the slip and slide outside - including dad. It was a lot of fun and I was able to get a lot of pics. AB seemed to like it after she went down several times. D and J were racing each other as we had 2 set up side by side.
Around 8:30p Sat night, AB started wheezing really bad and was breathing very hard and was coughing and having difficulty breathing. So after giving her an antihistamine with no results, I took her to the ER while Brad stayed home with the boys. A steroid and 3 breathing treatments later, we came home at 2a with a diagnosis of asthma. I do have to say that the ER took her back very quickly. We waited so long because they wanted to make sure she wasn't going to have another attack.
Today, we saw her regular doctor and he prescribed a nebulizer for her. On the brighter side, the surgery from the cleft palate seems to still be holding. I feel like we're past the critical point on the cleft palate surgery but the steroids will slow the healing process. And I'm still paranoid about making sure the hole stays closed and "no more".
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment