Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunflower Update

Ok - I mentioned earlier about the sunflower from Beginner's day for Kindergarten and the plant from preK. The plant from the preK class died, despite our best efforts. The sunflower seed was going very well. So well, we decided several weeks ago to plant it. There was a big "to do" about this and we picked a good spot, dug a hole, put in some "good" soil, put the plant in and began to put the dirt back in around the plant. However, DAD accidentally snapped the plant at the base of the stem and we tried but in the end it didn't work out. So being the good parents we are, Brad immediately went and bought some more sunflower seeds and planted them.

Here comes the other explanation. We found some baby bunnies burrowing in our front yard shortly after birth. The kids, Brad and I have been watching the bunnies and the mommy come back to them and they seem to all survive despite the family of baby foxes across the street. Yes, you read that right. Well the baby bunnies eventually left the burrow in the front yard and have been hopping around the neighborhood trouncing through gardens and eating sunflower seeds. Yes, they left our garden alone but instead have eaten the sunflowers.

We simply cannot win and I'm afraid that Dylan just may fail his first Kindergarten assignment. Dear Lord, please help our children and plants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I checked your blog - you've been posting a lot! I love reading about your family; it's wonderful to hear how well everyone is doing, and you have such a great attitude :) I'm due to have my third baby any day now, please pass that on to Brad! And by the way - I'm amazed at the EOG thing! That does not sound right. And the sunflower story is hilarious. All the best,

Tamara