Monday, August 25, 2008

Soccer Tourney

We had a great soccer weekend, sort of. This was the first game for the boys and there were some tough teams that were nothing short of amazing and it was obvious they've been playing together for awhile, but our kids worked really hard and you could see every game they were getting better and better. I can't wait to see how they progress throughout the year. The first game - I think all the kids were sleeping during the first half but they woke up the 2nd half and started to come back but they fell a little short. The 2nd and 3rd game - the other teams were simply amazing and I don't really need to write anything more than that. The 4th game (all the parents were praying for them to win a game) they came together and won 3-0. For anyone that doesn't know, J plays goalie and does an excellent job. He had a really sweet block in the 4th game towards the end. The player kicked it to the top of the left side as high as it could go and still go in the net and Jake did a cross jump and grabbed the ball. It was awesome!!!! Overall, I think Jake did his best in the 2nd game. We're very proud of all the kids on the team as it was a tough tournament and I think they're starting to figure each other out now.

No comments: