Ok - we're here again. Yes, it's Alyssabelle's third and hopefully last surgery for her cleft palate. We have been cleared for surgery tomorrow and are expected at the hospital at 9:30a. She's in good spirits today but I'm dreading about 10a tomorrrow when she still can't have any food or drink.
They are not going to use the permanent stitches as I previously mentioned due to increased risk of infection. Instead they are going to use longer dissolving stitches. The ones from the last surgery last 7-14 days and the ones they are using tomorrow will last 4-6 weeks. She will still be able to feel them with her tongue so we'll have to watch to be sure she's not "feeling too much" with her tongue and none at all with her fingers. I also spoke to the doctor about her having difficulties urinating after the last surgery. They were bringing in the catheter when she finally went. The doc believes it was the medicines that caused her the problems - the nurses kept giving her pain meds and I believe she was just scared. They were trying to get a doctor back there to authorize more pain meds as they had given AB all they could when they let me back there. I was able to get her calmed down without any more meds but no way was she letting me go after that. Hopefully, this time will be a little better in that regards.
So I've gotta go pack up and I still have Xmas presents to ship. As long as it's not next day air, I think we'll be ok. Sorry if anyone receives presents late.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment