Wednesday, December 23, 2009

D's Antics/Sayings

I keep meaning to write down some of the funny things that the kids say. Well D seems to always be quick on his toes in responding and he's been responding a lot with Christmas nearly here.

So we have the presents from Aunt Amy under the tree and she does a beautiful job in wrapping the kids gifts all in different cool wrapping paper. So the Spongebob present (D's) has a big rip/tear on on side but you can't see what the present is. So I call D down and ask if he opened up a gift. His response "I was just getting a jump start on the opening" and "there wasn't a good ripping spot".

The other morning, Brad stayed home with the kids while I went into work and I covered D back up with his blanket before I left. He rolled over and with his eyes still shut he says "I had the best dream". I tell him to go back to sleep and when as I was leaving he says "I dreamed it was Christmas". He is so sweet.

Speaking of Christmas, we'll be having our talk with the kids tomorrow night about the "Christmas J Ruined". In case you have forgotten, this involves the Christmas that I got a really nice, unexpected bonus check the week before Christmas. So we had bought J and baby D all kinds of great gifts and I believe we got all the spy toy stuff we could find (J was really into this - age 5), including the spy toy remote control, listening device, grabber, thing. It was cool. Well about 2a, a sweet, excited, little boys comes into our bedroom and says "Mommy, come see what Santa brought me". Half asleep, I'm thinking he went downstairs and saw everything well he started naming things that were wrapped and it clicked in my head. Brad and I went down the stairs to find every present unwrapped and paper all over the place (including most of D's gifts as well). Needless to say, I cried a lot, ok the entire time I spend re-wrapping gifts. The next morning, J proceeds to tell me "Can you give the gift there with the nerf gun and than the one with the spy pen, etc, etc, etc". I believe I cried the whole day. Well anyways, he was 5 and that was than, but we do NOT want a repeat with any of the other children, so we will be repeating this story again tomorrow night as well as next year on the same night. Oh, we had a great punishment for him too - but we'll talk about that later.

No comments: