Friday, October 30, 2009

AB

Ok, several things. First, I thought I would be able to handle people asking if AB was my daughter or "did you adopt her" and such questions. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of being asked "Are you her babysitter?" or the other day when some lady came up to us saying "Is she yours - I saw her running around and didn't see her parents anywhere (Brad was 2ft from her and she was running around playing with D)". The hardest part is that a lot of these questions come from kids. And I can't be upset at kids - after all they're just curious and none of them have meant any harm; but I'm tired of explaining that yes, I'm her mommy. Last week, AB fell off the swing and I ran to her to make sure she was ok and to brush the dirt off of her and these girls about 11-12 yrs old came over to also be sure she was ok and stared at me like how dare you help this girl when you're not her mom and where's is the this girl's mom. After waiting for an answer that I didn't give, they eventually asked if I was her mom. I told them yes and that she was going to be ok and thanked them for their concern - they waited for more of an answer and I was too tired to give out an answer. Maybe it's just been a long couple weeks.

Keeping on the subject of AB, we are back to working on potty training. At daycare, she goes with the other kids and sits on the potty and sometimes goes when the teachers tell her too but she doesn't go on her own. I sat her down last weekend and told her that she was going to have to use the potty. I told her and named all of her friends and all of our family members and we and they all use the potty and she needed to use the potty too. She than proceeded to ask me why? Why, well I don't know why we all just use the potty. Anyways, I told her that it was icky to go in her pants and that it gives her sores on her bottom. I don't know if she bought all of that but she told me ok and has been using the potty. Was it this simple???? Why didn't we have the talk several months ago????

No comments: