Saturday, January 9, 2010
Surgery Update
I just wanted to do a quick post about AB's surgery. It's still closed!!!!! Don't get too excited as there is still stitches in there but so far it's looking good. The last of the stitches should start dissolving this coming week and be completely dissolved in about 2 1/2 weeks. We go back to the dr on 2/9 and by that time the stitches will be fully dissolved. Her speech therapist came to see her this past week and has noticed improvement in her speech already with the surgery being complete. I won't be optimistic until we see the dr on 2/9 - but it does look good. There is one spot that dips (that's the best explanation I got), but it doesn't appear to be opening. It appears to be closer to the bone on the opposite side of where the hole was so I'm not sure if that's where they were trying to take the tissue from to use but it was too scarred or what. For now, we're hanging in there and I'll give another update once the stitches are completely dissolved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment