Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sweet Things

I meant to post this earlier as something for AB to look back upon and read. A few weeks ago, she seemed to be having a rough evening - typical, busy night and trying to get everyone in the bath after basketball practice. So I just held her and rocked her while sitting on her bed and she looked up at me and said, "They do this in China". I was kind of taken aback but I said "They rocked you and held you like this in China?". She replies back "Yes, I think so". I simply said "I think so too" and we just continued on rocking. I don't know if she was remembering something or if she was fantasizing but I do truly believe that the orphanage that she spend over two years of her life in did care for her. I believe that they loved the children and I don't believe that they had a lot of money or things or even much of what we consider necessities, but I do believe that they loved and cared for AB. I will always be grateful for that.

No comments: