Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Boys!

Happy Birthday J and D!!!!! Both boys had a great time at their bday parties despite the persistant cough and the snow.

I'm not sure if the adults or the kids had more fun at J's party. We had a UNC/Gaming party and played 5 minute mini games from 7p to 1a every hour for UNC prizes. The 3 legged race that resulted in one team purposely running into another team was quite hilarious and the Blind Basketball at 10p was almost more than I could take in laughter. All in all, I think J had a great time and he's now a pre-teen. I can hardly believe that my baby is 10 years old now. I remember him being 2 years old and putting VeggieTale VHS cases on his legs and saying "Look Mommy".

D had a StarWars/Darth Vader b-day party at the Dock play place. Unfortunately, it snowed - this is a rare occurance in NC. This resulted in many people canceling but his 2 buddies and his friend from school still came and he loved his Darth Vader cake. We also played lots of games, went on the bumper cars and Grandma bought dipping dots ice cream for everyone! I think he had a lot of fun too. He also loved his games that he got for the Wii and he won a toy water gun from the game playing so that was "pretty awesome" too. He's also now a big boy at 5 yrs old and the best part is he loves that mommy came to his school and had lunch with him. He can also do all the morning neccessities by himself now - since he is 5.

Well I'll post some pics later tonight or tomorrow from the parties. Definitely before we leave Thursday AM for Brandy's wedding this weekend.

No comments: