Yesterday was the Science Olympiad for J. It was a lot of fun!. J was in Time Machine first. This is the Rube Goldberg like device. I'm proud to say that for 2 years in a row now - J, his friend Jordan, and Brad took first place. I have to include Brad as he's the one doing the work with the kids. Next event for J was Mystery Engineering. They had a few supplies and he and his partner had to build something that would let marbles roll down. J thought they did really well but they only mentioned 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and he didn't take any of those places. The last event was a spur of the moment event and J and his friend Jordan did science password. I have to say that I knew this was a bad idea as I had seen the 2 of them do blind basketball and that was pretty hysterical - but we made up some notecards for them to practice throughout the week. Basically, partner A is given a science word and has to give partner B only one or two worded clues. Partner B has to than guess the word. If partner doesn't know the answer, he can say any word to get another one or two worded clue. Let me say that the words were very hard and they got zero words. Let's just leave it at that.
Overall, we had a lot of fun. We weren't expecting the first place in Time Machine either as there was a lot of great machines there. I think it boiled down to following the directions to a T. The directions were very specific and Brad and I had read and re-read 100 times to make sure the kids were following all the rules. We also got the machine to go on the first try!!! Posted to the left is a pic of J and J with their 1st place device.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment