Kids are sooo funny, especially D. D has an overactive imagination and is "all boy". Everything is a sword (pop bottles, sticks, rolled up paperback books, pillows, you get the idea) and there's a story for everything, and if he doesn't get his way or he's saying something that's not true, than he's "just pretending".
Case in point #1 - I love football!!! Football is always on the tv, the games, the replays, recaps, etc. J is my sportsnut, but I think D is turning into one (slowly). D is cheering for the players in white shirts - the players in the white shirts are not playing today. So he comes up with his own cheer and song and plays the air guitar doing all of this and at the end I ask him what if the players in the white shirts aren't playing - "well they are". No D they're not - the green and blue shirt players are playing. This goes on for 5 minutes (I'm not kidding). Finally, D says "I'm just pretending". His answer for everything.
Case in point #2 - Tonight, he proves he is smarter than mom. He finds some magnetic long foam covered sticks (they're used to build forts, etc) and sticks his brother's sandals on the end of them. These are some kind of power ranger fire and water lasers (still a little unclear). I kept dying and coming back to life only to die again. (did I mention I love my boys). So, I thought I would use my powerful hand shields and block these lasers - now I'm alive all the time. D can't have that so I'm now the fire laser and he's the water laser. Did you know that water beats fire - yes, mom's just can't win some days. The taunting of "na-na-na-na, ha, ha, ha" is still ringing in my ears.
I love being a mom and I hope A doesn't love fire and water lasers because I'm tired of always getting killed during these battles.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment