Monday, September 1, 2008

Nice, Long Weekend

It's been a great weekend thus far. Brad and I took the kids to the park Saturday and Sunday and J got to go swimming at the neighbor's yesterday and Brad and I got to go out last night with some friends for an adult dinner. And we still have another whole day!!!! We've been so busy with the adoption, my sister's wedding, starting school and soccer that we hadn't really seen these friends in awhile and it was nice to get out.

Both boys are enjoying school, especially D. D loves his teachers and is still very excited to be in the big school with his brother. J is glad to see his friends but I think he would be happier without the homework. He likes his teacher though and he's excited to have 2 of his really good friends in his class.

This weekend my brother and I went shopping (I know, Dan shopping??? In his defense he wanted to go furniture shopping and didn't know where to look and I needed his truck). Anyways, I got a mattress, foundation, sheets, extra comforters, bookcase and I ordered J's new bed. We had a hard time finding J's bed as I really wanted a bookcase headboard and it had to be for a full size mattress. Should be here in about 2-3weeks. I think we now have everything we need for her room (the bookcase was the last item) and now we have everything for J's new room. Now we just have to put everything together - I think I'll leave that up to hubby.

No comments: