Ok - we're down to 6 days people and J still doesn't have his bed. We do have the downstairs (new room) rearranged for J and a mattress, bedding, etc but no bed. I'm still hoping that it comes in before we leave but if not - thanks again mom and Dan!!! Well on a brighter note, all my clothes and A's clothes are laid out on the bed after some quick adjusting (the weather is going to be much hotter than I anticipated thus different clothes). We have everything that needs to go (except for Brad's clothes) in A's bedroom all ready to go in the suitcases. Mom is bringing the adapters that Brandy (thank you) has so graciously let us borrow when she comes down on Wed. By the way, I just informed Brad that he is NOT allowed to pack the morning we are leaving so we'll see how this goes. Otherwise, I think I just have to get the quarterly stuff done at work and we'll be ready. Oh and D wants me to bring EVERYTHING COOL back from China for him. I told him that we would have to compromise and I would bring him back at least one super duper cool item.
I also got the carseats out and washed and put back together. I case you've never taking a carseat apart (remove harness straps and material) wow, that's a challenge. Took me a while to get them back together but I think we're set now. I also reserved our panda phone for while we're there and I've been getting the house all clean (why, I don't know as the boys will have it destroyed before mom gets here on Wed). At any rate, we're moving along and getting closer and closer. Now I just have to remember where I put those identifying CHI buttons we're supposed to wear.
J is over at a friend's house today. After his soccer game, he went to a friend's b-day party where they went bowling, arcade, mini golf, etc and than went to stay the night at their cabin up north. I told him to watch out for the bogeyman, but he didn't think I was too funny, actually I don't think he even knew what I was talking about - 9yr olds, what more can I say. He won't be home until after football starts as his friend's football game was cancelled yesterday and they've rescheduled it for today so he's going to go from the party to the game. I swear he's almost like a teenager, I never see that child anymore!!!! Perhaps, once he's out of sharing his brother's room and has his new bed and the entire downstairs den to himself he'll have his friend's start hanging out here again more. I don't think he likes sharing the room with his younger brother. Oddly enough about a month ago, when he lost his room and J and D starting sharing the room - J wanted to go to his friend's homes. I do have to say though that he's a great kid and still likes to hang out with his mom.
So D's been home with us this weekend and we made cookies last night. I think there's still some more left so perhaps D and I can have one before we head out this morning.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment