J had his first season game (the other games in SC was a pre-season tourney) and they won 5-2. I was so proud of all the boys but especially J (what can I say, I'm a little partial to him). The first score was a penalty kick and J picked one direction and the shooter picked the other. I'm not really sure what happened on the 2nd score - it just got by him. I do have to say that Brad had to pipe up in defense of J at one point though. OK - here's a soccer lesson (J had to tell me at the SC tourney as I was lacking in the soccer rule dept). If you are a goalie and someone on your team kicks the ball to you, you cannot pick up the ball, you must kick the ball. I think all the kids know but apparently there are some soccer parents who are like me and lacking in the rule dept. Anyways, it happened today and someone yelled out to pick up the ball and Brad proceeds to yell back "He can't pick up the ball". I had to chuckle over that one - J didn't seem to really care, after all, "I know the rules". Kids!!!! Anyways, had to share the news that we're on our way to great soccer season.
By the way, D has found a new playmate during the soccer games. One of J's teammates has a brother about the same age as D and they had a blast today.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment