Yesterday was our best day so far with Alyssabelle. I think it was a turning point for her and us. Her little personality really shone and she warmed up to Brad. She let Brad carry her yesterday inside and outside of the hotel, which has been a first. She has been laughing and smiling all day. Yesterday evening, her and Brad were making funny faces at each other in the mirror and we would all just laugh and laugh. We also went shopping and bought her squeaky shoes, which she loves. All the adoptive children here seem to have these shoes, not sure why, - they squeak every time she takes a step. We've been having problems getting her to walk as she tires so easily, but now that she has squeaky shoes she having a blast walking around and stomping her feet in them.
Boys, watch out - she's trouble in all caps!!!!! I have taken to calling her "Little Miss Squeakers" which she seems to find amusing. J and D, she is going to wrap you around her finger and get you guys into so much trouble. Dad and I can see this already so we'll do our best to patient and understanding - but take note that she is all spunk and sass and thinks her way is the only way.
We went to a Thai restaurant last night, Cow and Bridge, and I thought the food was great and the presentation was unbelievable. Only problem is that they only have chopsticks to eat with. Let me say that Brad is pretty good with chopsticks and me, not so good. I wound up giving up and they had a big serving spoon in which you are supposed to transfer food from the main plate onto the smaller eating plate and I wound up using the serving spoon to eat with. I was starving and I did try!!!! We had appetizers of shrimp cakes, meat on a stick, chicken wrapped in seaweed, and spring rolls with all kinds of sauces. Brad got some type of meat and noodle dish and I got wings in a type of sweet/spicy sauce with peanuts, pepper, onions in a half of a pineapple (yes, I was suppose to eat the wings with the chopsticks, like I said, I tried). Mine was awesome!!! Tuesday night for our group farewell dinner we're going to a Cantonese Chinese Restaurant - don't know what we'll eat there. We had some interesting choices from last night - like pig neck and ears.
Well today we have paperwork to do and we need to finish up our shopping. Tuesday, we have to stay in our room for most of the morning while our guide goes to the consulate for us, than group pictures and group farewell dinner. Wednesday, we have the morning to pack up, than in the afternoon we go to the consulate to swear Alyssabelle in as a US citizen, and we take the train over to HongKong. Thursday AM we fly home. We're in the final days here and I have to say that it has been an amazing experience and trip. I've really enjoyed meeting the people here and getting a small sampling of their culture. I am however ready to go home and see my boys.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment