Ok, I was going to do this long post about visiting the Guangzhou Zoo but instead I have to tell everyone about our Super Star status. Yes, we are probably going to be on the myspace pages of numerous Chinese girls.
We didn't even get to the first exhibit before the attack occurred. There were only about 8-10 at first and the CHI clan didn't even know what had happened or what was about to happen. They first descended upon Belle and I asking to take pictures, arguing amongst themselves, taking pics of themselves with us. It was quite amusing all these teenaged Chinese girls thinking we movie stars or something. Then it happened - they noticed 9yr old, blue eyes, blonde hair Claira (our CHI sightseeing family). More pictures ensued of Claira - all exclaiming how beautiful she is (which she really is). We thought that was the end of it but that was only the beginning.
The girls left and came back with FRIENDS!!!!! Next thing we know there are about 30 girls clamouring around us all taking pics and wanting little Claira to look this way and that way. Claira's dad videotaped the whole thing but it was surreal. Everyone taking pics of us and the crowd just kept growing. I would never have believed it if someone had told me so Brad took lots of pics and we had Elsie, our guide, take a group shot of all the girls and us - see top pic above for proof of us movie stars. And in the words of 9yr old Claira, "I don't know how Hannah Montana does it".
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment