Thursday, October 30, 2008

Updates on the Homefront

Ok several people have asked for some updates so here we go.

First, Alyssabelle is doing great!!! She's doing so much better than we anticipated at this point. Now that we're home she's starting to pick up some English from the boys. However, she has J wrapped around her finger; she'll stand at the top of the stairs and holler for him to come pick her up. And he comes. She was a little leary of D at first (our wild man) but she's now doing great with him and she's been following him around this evening. Actually, this is the first evening where she hasn't had to constantly be held or be near Brad and I - her and the boys are downstairs playing and laughing. Actually, I was just informed that they are teaching her how to play football and yes they are inside with a real (not nerf) football. It never ends.

We went to the dr the first day we got back and she had shots, blood drawn and chest xrays. So far everything seems good. The blood drawn was to check the immunizations that she had taken in China. We go back on 11/19 - where we'll have more shots (oh joy!). We also got an appt for the specialist on 11/14 - I was rather surprised at how quickly we were able to get an appt there. I really thought we would be lucky to get one in by the end of the year. We may be looking at surgery quicker than I initially thought.

Also, I haven't changed the front pic to include her because she took a spill the first week home and her nose and above her lip has been scabbed up pretty good - and also have you tried to get pics of 3 crazy kids smiling all at once???? I have newfound respect for photographers everywhere. So anyways, we're trying.

Also, Alyssabelle is doing much better with Brad. I think both of us splitting up the days and working half days has been working out great. She's been getting one on one time with each of us and has been experiencing each of us leave for work and come home as well as seeing us drop off the boys and being with us to pick them up each day. The first day I left for work and came home a few hours later, her face just lit up.

She picks out the frilliest outfits to wear and has massive amounts of dollar jewelry on her at all times. Also, a friend gave us some dress up sandals which she loves to put on and take off over and over again. All in all, we're having a great time and I promise to try and not wait too long before posting again.

No comments: