Well it was a pretty bad today yesterday. We went down to the Adoption Centre to pick up A and she wasn't there. At first, our guide was told that they were on their way but after the other families had their children we were told that the orphanage forgot to come and bring her. Yes, you read that correctly, they forgot to come. Our guide tried to get them to bring her directly to the hotel yesterday evening, but the adoption centre did not have the paperwork so the would not let that happen. We are going back at 8:30a this morning and are praying hard that she will be there. It was very draining yesterday and that's why I didn't post earlier. I wanted and am happy for the other families, but it was so hard to walk out of the building without A. I felt like I should just stay there and demand something to happen, but common sense told me that I would get nowhere so I'm trusting our guide that there's nothing wrong, just a mistake.
Brad and I were still suffering jet lag and than this so we just stayed in the room and slept all evening and night. Hopefully we'll have A today and we won't be as tired as we were yesterday.
I also need to note that the driving here is crazy!!!! I'm not kidding when I say that there's 2 lanes of traffics and they somehow have 6 lanes of traffic trying to drive on them along with people just crossing whenever and bicyclists all over the place. I have not seen an accident but it's the craziest thing - absolutely terrifies me.
Well please pray that the next time I post, it will be of pictures of A and her beautiful smile.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment