Well we didn't have anything to do yesterday except shop, so we did. Along the way of purchasing souvenirs and gifts, we've learned a lot from the Chinese people here in Guangzhou. Not just about their pride of country but also history lessons along the way as well. So many people here speak English, it makes me feel a little embarrassed that I only know English. Now Brad doesn't like to shop because there's a lot of haggling and bargaining going on with the shopping but he's been doing great. We also had to buy another suitcase for the way home so we've obviously been having some fun with the shopping. We've also met some great people here that are from the US and adopting as well. Adoption not only binds you with this amazing child that you've seem to know your whole life but also with all these other families that otherwise you may have never noticed them.
Well Miss Squeakers was again at her best yesterday. You can see each day how she is getting more and more comfortable with us and how the bonding is really forming when you see her personality start to come out more and more each day. A week ago, she wouldn't touch anything in the shops and didn't want to walk anywhere, wouldn't look at you in the eye, wouldn't smile or laugh. Now she touches everything and looks up at you as if to say "hello, it's me here and I want this". She's smiling and laughing all the time now and she makes the funniest faces at us with a new one each day. She only pushes us away when she throws a temper tantrum and wants something or she's really tired. Now that she has her squeaky shoes she wants to walk everywhere and she walks with this attitude of "here I am". She's starting to talk more and more in her own language and I know it's only a matter of time before she's talking in English and we can't get to stop talking (I think she may be a little like Miss Holli in NC in regards to the talking). Someone who adopted told me that he couldn't remember what it was like without his adopted daughter in his life and I feel the same way, it's like she's always been a part of our family.
Well, we have our Consulate appt today, group pictures, and farewell dinner this evening. I need to get going and get a shower as Miss Squeakers is hungry the moment she awakes and she doesn't wait for showers.
Boys - Dad and I miss you both sooooo much and can't wait to see you. It's been fun in China but we can't wait to get home and give you both some hugs and kisses (yes Jake you too). I hope school went well today and I'm not sure what you all have planned for the rest of the week but I wish we could fast forward a couple days so we could be on that plane and coming home to you today. Only a few more days!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment