Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Another Day

Well this morning at the medical exam was not that much fun. Let me tell you that despite appearances, Alyssabelle has a strong lung and is quite a fighter. If she wants to follow her big brothers footsteps and do karate, I think she will do very well in the sparring. She has obviously seen doctors before and does NOT like them. She started to cry as soon as she saw the doctor. When we had to lay her down so he could exam her - she screamed and kicked and wound up hitting her head while trying to get away. After the first doctor, she still had 2 more to go. Next was the height and weight and when we laid her down for the height measurement, we were a little more prepared for her thrashing so she didn't hit her head but I think she surprised the ladies a little. The last doctor, she was ok with and that was the one that checked her ears, nose, throat, cleft palate - not a single cry. After all that though, she was exhausted and fell asleep on the bus.

Remember when I said that she knows exactly what she wants. Well we went shopping to get her some pants as the ones we brought are way too big on her. The ladies in the shop kept bringing out different shirts, pants, etc to see if we liked and during all this I took a shirt and showed Alyssabelle and asked if she liked - she shook her head no. Than the ladies started showing her outfits and she would shake her head no. It was quite amusing. Later in the hotel, I got the outfits out one by one (pants and shirts) and she kept shaking her head no. To test her, I grabbed her little hat and she didn't shake her head no, instead she grabbed it. Result, we're going to have to get her some more hats.

This evening we got to see some more of her personality come out. We went to Lucy's (american style cuisine) and she's a little like Jake and a little like Dylan. She's very focused when she's doing something and pays close attention much like Jake was/is. She's also very devious like Dylan can be. When playing with the blocks she watches our every movement and than imitates and is very careful about putting them one by one on each other. She's also at dinner likes to play little jokes on daddy - like when he's trying to feed her, she grabs onto the spoon with her teeth and than smiles at him. She's also much more active today, but stills tires very easily. We can tell when she gets tired as she'll initially slow her walk and than start to drag her right foot some. She's doing great though thus far and she's still wary of Brad but he's the first one to get her to laugh.

Boys - it was so great to talk to you this morning again. Jake, I've been thinking about you all day and I hope you did well on your test today. I think you're going to love your little sister, she keeps looking at your picture and pointing to you and Dylan. I also said a little prayer that your recorder would come in this week so you can practice this weekend with grandma. Dylan - I think you and your sister are going to give daddy and I many grey hairs - but I know we will all laugh a lot so we will love our grey hairs. I hope you are having fun at school and that the rain holds off so that you and grandma can ride your bike today. Daddy and I miss you both and can't wait to see you. Have fun while we're gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys! It is so amazing to hear how God is working in your new relationship together. We are so happy and excited for your family and can't wait to meet Alssyabelle! Enjoy each day and its bumps and keep up the great commentaries - I feel like we are right there with you!

Love ya,

Aunt Dee